Florence: The David – Michelangelo

The David

The work of Michelangelo Buonarroti ( 1504 ) formed from a huge block of marble sculpted originally by the sense Agostino di Duccio to make the Giant.

Once the David was completed Michelangelo placed it in Piazza Della Signoria. In 1873, after showing signs of deterioration, the statue was moved into the Galleria dell’ Accademia and replaced in the square with a copy.

The Best Tour in Florence

The four-hour tour starts in the Piazza Della Signoria, where we learned the history of Florence. This included how the Medici family ruled and brought incredible art to the people, how they eventually lost power, on up through…

Scroll to Top