The Golden Roof
This late gothic alcove, 16 meters high, was built around 1500 and is covered with 3.450 gilt copper shingles. Innsbruck Golden Roof shows in his reliefs Emperor Maximilian I and his two wives, Maria of Burgundy and Maria Bianca Sforza, furthermore Chancellor, jesters, Moreskentänzer, and various arms.
Today, there are replicas of the Golden Roof, the original reliefs are in the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum to visit. Furthermore, crest revealed, concealed references and symbols in the “Golden Roof” Erker said a complex work of art that reflects the self-Maximilians. The mystery is that the lettering tape behind the dancers on the reliefs of the Golden Roof still could not be deciphered.
Innsbruck – The Helblinghaus
An originally late gothic house which had been lavishly adorned with rococo stuccowork around 1730. The late medieval house, in which Sebastian Helbling in the 19 Century, led a cafe, was built in 1730 decorated with a magnificent stucco facade of Anton Gigl. Acanthus leaves, shells, putti, masks, and more charm on walls and bay windows from the first until the 4th Floor and the great baroque gables.
Austria Innsbruck – The Town Clock Tower
A 56 meters high tower with magnificent clockwork and sundial ( 16th Century ) and a small gallery at the height of 32 meters with a view of the city and the surrounding mountains.
Innsbruck St. James’s Cathedral Dom St. Jakob – St. James’s Cathedral, a church in baroque style, was erected in 1720. The interior is decorated with rococo stuccowork, the ceiling was painted by K.D. Asam ( Munich ).
Leopold Fountain Innsbruck – Leopoldsbrunnen – Leopold Fountain, an equestrian statue of Archduke Leopold V.
Hofkirche – Court Church
The church was built according to plans of A. Crivelli 1553 -1563, the interior was rebuilt in baroque style in 1720. Left from the main entrance are the tombs of the Tyrolean heroes of 1809, Andreas Hofer, Josef Speckbacher, and Peter Haspinger. Under the stairs leading to the Silver Chapel is the tomb of Katarina von Loxan.
Ambras Castle Innsbruck Schloß Ambras – Ambras Castle, surrounded by a romantic park with ponds and a waterfall. The former medieval castle was reconstructed by Archduke Ferdinand II. 1564-1583 into a renaissance castle.
Olympic Ski Jump Innsbruck, built for the 9th Olympic Games in 1964 and rebuilt in 2002 by Zaha Hadid. In 1976 a second fire-bowl was erected for the second Olympic Winter Games, which were also held in Innsbruck. City Innsbruck ( Innsbruck ) received the futuristic new trademark – and it is a ski hill in Bergisel, which is primarily known for the tournament, “Four Hills Tournament.
The Bergisel hill, which in 2001 designed the famous female architect Zaha Hadid is considered to be a sensation in architecture. Finishing in the form of a gibkog bandage that connects the cafe, panoramic terrace, and the run-up ramp. Those with the condition may be better than 455 steps to climb to the top of jumps. However, the rise of the cafes and restaurants as well as to patrol with a panoramic view of 360 degrees on the Tyrolean mountains is a much more comfortable lift or elevator in the Tower Hills. This building is when it first opened to the public one of the most popular destinations in the province of Tyrol. Hours: daily from 09.00 to 17.00 hours.
Triumphpforte – Triumph Arch, built-in 1765 of breccia from Hötting and white marble on the occasion of the wedding of Archduke Leopold of Toscana, son of Empress Maria Theresia, to Princess Maria Ludovica of Spain, but also to commemorate the death of Emperor Franz I., Maria Theresia’s husband.
Annasäule Innsbruck Austria
St. Anne’s Column, erected in commemoration of the retreat of the Bavarian troops who invaded Tyrol on St. Anne’s Day in 1703. In the middle of the Maria, Theresa Street was donated in gratitude for liberation from the Bavarian incident on the day of Saint Anne ( July 26 ) 1703 Tiroler of the Estates of this monument. At the top of the Corinthian column of red marble, a statue of Mary Immaculate perched on a crescent moon.
Innsbruck Rathaus Galerien
Town Hall with the new Rathaus Galerien. In this passage, designed by architect Dominique Perrault, one finds shops, restaurants, and a 37 m high glass tower with a 360° panoramic view.